It’s funny on how returning to the blogosphere after saying goodbye to it for quite some years, I bump straight into an old virtual friend when searching for “Hypnerotomachia Poliphili + Bomarzo + elephant”. The friend in question runs the fascinating culture blog Journey to Perplexity .
- Grotta di Buontalenti by Bernardo Buontalenti and Giambologna‘s famous Bathing Venus in the Boboli Gardens
- Ercole Ferrata‘s Elephant and Obelisk
- Giovanni Battista Vaccarini‘s u Liotru
- Gigantomachia fresco by Giulo Romano
- Santa Maria della Salute by Baldassarre Longhena
- Park of the Monsters at Bomarzo
I wonder if the plate is part of Cranach’s illustrated version of Martin Luther’s translation of the Bible? Anyone?